Activation - How to Activate my ID Card (Subscriber Agreement)
Activate your ID Card
In order to use eALEAT online Government and Private Businesses Services and Applications, the ID Cardholder needs to activate his own ID Card. Aleat offers for free the process of ID Card activation all over Albania in Aleat Service Points located at any CSO of each Municipality and Commune. Please find the list of Aleat Services Points offering Activation (marked in map with eALEAT Black logo). Link to Google Map.
A Subscriber Agreement also referred as “Terms and Conditions of Authentication Certificate and Qualified Signature Certificate” was developed during January 2014. In that regard, Aleat has reviewed the Subscriber Agreement in the presence of the Aleat lawyers and has officially requested the assistance to National Authority for Electronic Certification and Cyber Security (NAECCS) in finalizing this document.
Agreed Subscriber Agreement referred as Version 2.2 can be downloaded here:
ID-Card Activation Process (Issuance of Qualified Certificates)
- ID-Cards issued in 2014 - ID Cards are already activated
- ID-Cards issued before 2014 - Activation of ID Card in Aleat Offices
- The ID-Card Activation has no cost for the Citizen
Figure 1: ID Card Activation Process in Aleat Service Points
ID Card Activation (For certificate management):
- The certificates will be installed on the card
- The retry counters for PIN and Biometric will be reset
Figure 2: ID Card Activation Process in Aleat Service Points
At a government institution helpdesk or private business website the cardholder will need to enter a four digit number PIN code or biometry matching on their website or at a counter in an office.
If you forgot your PIN code, don’t worry, you can reset it for free during the activation process in the Aleat Service Point.
To use eALEAT Identity Services, Aleat will launch eALEAT trusted and secured devices such as qualified card readers and Morpho Tablet powered by IDEMIA in France.
Rules - Important Rules to know
eID Card works with biometry (fingerprint matcher and PIN Code)
Just like a bank card, your eALEAT ID Services works with a PIN code.
Choose your own PIN code – 4 digits
When you collect your Albanian ID Card or when you activate for eID, it is recommended that you change your PIN code to a combination of numbers you can easily remember. When choosing your new PIN code you are limited to four numbers.
Important! Your PIN code is personal. Therefore, do not choose an obvious combination of numbers such as your date or year of birth. Keep your code secret at all times! If someone else knows your PIN code, they could use your card and perform transactions in your name on the Internet.
Forgotten your PIN code?
If your ID Card is not activated for eID Services please go at the nearest Aleat Service point to activate it.
If your ID card is activated for eID services please go at the nearest Aleat Service point to change your PIN Code (using a voucher) or to deactivate it as soon as possible.
Remember these rules:
- Keep your PIN safe, not in the same place with your ID card!
- Never give your ID card to anybody!
- Nobody will ever ask you the PIN code, also Aleat staff will never ask for this PIN!
- You only enter the PIN on terminals when asked by personnel!
- If you lose your card, you need to deactivate (Revocation) your eID Functions!
- Keep the Receipt (De-activation Information) from your Enrolment Form!
- When you revoke your eID Functions, your card is still valid, but cannot be used in eServices anymore. You will need a new ID card (new enrolment). The deactivation cannot be reversed!
- If something is not correct on your ID data, or if for example you change the name because of marriage, etc, you need to take a new card. You are responsible that your data are always correct!
Where to Activate
Albanian ID Card Activation takes place in all Aleat Service Points throughout Albania. ID card Activation (Electronic Certificates) is an additional service of Aleat and is increasingly expanding to more Service Points throughout the year 2014.
As of end of August 2014 currently there are 58 Electronic Certificate Service Points located in the Municipalities and Communes of Albania.
Please refer to this Google Map with Aleat Offices for activation with an eALEAT logo in black ("e") icon of eALEAT Services. Activation Aleat Service Points are located here.